Greenhouse Ornament

This brass ornament, produced exclusively for the Frick Art & Historical Center, features the Frick family's Greenhouse

This active greenhouse is a renovation and partial reconstruction of one that served the Frick family from 1897 through the 1970s. The Greenhouse was designed by architects Alden & Harlow who were also employed by Andrew Carnegie to design Pittsburgh’s Carnegie Library and Museum complex, and was used to grow flowers and tropical plants for Clayton year-round, as well as vegetables, mushrooms, and annuals from seed for outdoor beds. Since 2006, Grow Pittsburgh, an urban agriculture nonprofit, grows seedlings year-round in the Greenhouse.



Pin It