This brass ornament, produced exclusively for the Frick Art & Historical Center, features Clayton, the Frick family home in Pittsburgh.
Clayton is the nineteenth-century Châteauesque Victorian style home of American industrialist Henry Clay Frick. Meticulously restored to its full splendor in the late 1980s, it opened to the public as part of the Frick Art & Historical Center in 1990. Clayton, designed by Frederick J. Osterling, is one of the few intact homes from Pittsburgh’s lost “Millionaire’s Row.” This historic mansion which comprises of four floors and twenty three rooms, served as the Frick family’s primary residence from 1882-1905. To this day, Clayton, named after Henry Clay Frick’s nickname “Clay,” remains over 90% authentic to the Gilded Age.