Wall tile, 1880–90

Designed by William Frend De Morgan, tile manufactured by Craven, Dunnill & Co., decoration manufactured by Merton Abbey Pottery or Sand’s End Pottery

Dust-pressed earthenware painted in colors over white slip

6 x 6 in.

Purchased from the Alan Green Collection and presented by the Friends of Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery with assistance from the MGC/V&A Purchase Grant Fund

© Birmingham Museums Trust

Courtesy American Federation of Arts



Pin It